it seems that every state has its own idea of what a home health aide should
be or do.  I have been allocated 16 hours a week. the maximum  in Virginia, i
have been told, is 20 (maybe 22). the aide is allowed to help me bathe, cook a
light meal, do the things i would do if i could do them (whatever that may
mean) but not do anything for any one else in the house at the time, eg wash a
dish a guest might have used, or move a cup a guest might have left on a table.
she may do my saundry, and do my shopping - but not take me anywhere in her
car - ....and  although i am very fortunate to have a sympathetic and
understanding lady helping me, she is always inventing excuses not to come,
and i cant remember the last time she came more than twice in the same week!
and yet i am thankful for what help have got.....and at least i am not totally
dependent yet!
hilary