From: "Juanita Hibbert" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2001 11:41 PM
Subject: Re: People's Court drama > govt. health care

Camilla, my understanding of housebound
as explained to me by medicare and home
health services. Unable to participate in outside activity such as
shopping, Drs appts and social activities without assistence. They
explained that homebound DID NOT MEAN bedridden
or total invalid. It simply was to eliminate
people just wanting as opposed to needing help. I wonder if we could
get
some big wig from Medicare to put into writing more clarified
explanation of
actual qualifications for these services. What is in the medicare
handbook is
really ambiguious. Leaves a lot of things quite vague. I think I just
might see if I can find out somemore explicit info.
It just might help all of us.
Hugs, Juanita Cg for George 74/71/64