Nancy,
Root canals aren't fun whether you have PD or not.  I think your idea to lessen the amount of Novocain might be on target.  Six hours to wear off sounds excessive.  Good luck!
Jeanette Fuhr 50/47/44?
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Nancy Van Hook
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, January 07, 2001 5:51 PM
Subject: root canal

Last Saturday I had  a root canal (I was hoping to get thru life without one,
but not to be!)  The Novocain did not wear off for almost six hours, and then
the pd meds didn't seem to do their job.  I have to go back on Wednesday to
finish the job.  Perhaps we could use a little less Novocain this time . . .
however, I do not like pain.  Any suggestions or advice will be appreciated.

Nancy V
Mexico