hi all

At 23:37 2001/01/11 -0500, hilary wrote:
>calling  all doctors, pharmacists and other learned persons.......
>
>could someone please tell me if this is a safe and popular
>drug. what exactly is it used for and what are the hidden dangers?
>I have the pdr information, i mean, how does it relate to dopamine
>and/or pd? if one had a genetic predisposition to pd, would this
>be a dangerous drug to take?
>
>thanks
>
>hilary blue
>(52,33,24)

it's an anti-psychotic drug which has recently been described as
increasing parkinson symptoms and is no longer recommended for pd patients
clozapine and olanzapine have been compared recently
clozapine did not cause the problems that olanzapine did

there's lots of info in the list archives;
try sending the command:
SEARCH OLANZAPINE CLOZAPINE IN PARKINSN FROM 20000101 TO TODAY
to:

if you need more general information
try searching using the keywords:
ZYPREXA OLANZAPINE MONOGRAPH
at google:
http://www.google.com

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/