From: Kirk Finch

To: [log in to unmask]

Sent: 1/13/01 2:48:32 PM

Subject: Re: List Charter/Guidelines Please
Read   Keep

AMEN to your comments. Why do people put non-PD poems and comments on

this site ? I get about 70 messages each day AND IMMEDIATELY DELETE
ABOUT

65 OF THEM AS BEING NON PD IMPORTANT OR EVEN RELATED TO PD. SO THESE

MESAGES AE NOT EVEN READ!!!

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:49:47 -0800 Benjamin Winter  [log in to unmask]

writes:

  The Charter, with the guidelines contained in it, seemed to

  be quite effective ... for a while.

  For a while, traffic was manageable and most messages met

  the relevance   appropriateness criteria set out in the

  guidelines. In fact, it is probably true that

      traffic was manageable (and generally
interesting and

  helpful) _because_ contributors were respecting the

  guidelines.

  But I seem to detect a drift. I've noted an increase in the

  flow of messages, by various contributors, that in my

  [humble?] opinion do not meet the stated criteria. Such

  messages clutter the list and are a mark of disrespect to

  the list-owner who presented us with very appropriate

  guidelines.

  If someone does not agree with some aspect of the

  guidelines, they can write to Barbara Patterson or to the

  list. That's OK. But it is not OK to simply ignore the

  guidelines.

  Ben Winter (ducking, running for cover, ...)

--- Joan Hartman

--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.