At 14:14 2001/01/07 -0500, i wrote:
>yikes!
>Janet Paterson on PD radio talk show tonight
>Guest for this Sunday's (2001/01/07)
>simultaneous radio broadcast and wwwebcast
>of Travels with Parkinson's,
>(just the only wwweb broadcast Parkinson's Disease
>awareness radio talk show on the planet!)
>will be
>Janet Paterson, pwp and guardian of "a new voice" at
>http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
>Tune in your wwweb browser
>(using audiostreaming software: install this first!)
>at 9:00pm EST
>or tune in your radio to WALE 990 AM in Providence RI
>and call in toll-free 866-277-5369
>or catch the show later on MP3 files from the chy's archyves
>as hosted by
>Leonard 'Chy' Casavant,
>the pd wwweb- and radio-broadcaster and techno edge cutter, on the wwweb at:
>http://www.travelswithparkinsons.org/
>janet

hi all

despite my yikes and my sweating palms
i am here to tell you i survived and actually enjoyed myself
after it was all over!

chy was so supportive and empathetic -
he still gets pre-show jitters after doing 20 of them!

i was perfectly 'on' when we started,
but stress or meds or who knows what
started me into my dyskinesia dysko routine
and when my head was twiching one way
my hand was twitching another way
and my cheekbone hit some phone buttons
and my ramblings were punctuated by beeps and peeps!

we talked about how i was a 'young onset' parkie
and isolated from support in bermuda way back when
and how i found the internet and the PARKINSN listserv
and started up my own website in its honour

i managed to put in well-deserved (imho!) "plugs" for the PARKINSN listserv
and the PARKINSN listserv archives (that veritable gold nugget gold mine)
and for the pioneering pd awareness work done by
kathrynne holden
simon coles
john cottingham
joan snyder
murray charters
joe bruman ...
brenda tuckman
nancy abraham
i know there were others ...

chy sent out best wishes to puff and margaret tuchman and tim foley ...
i know there were others ...

gosh, i'm breaking out into a sweat just thinking about it!

what a pleasure to work with chy!
what an awe inspiring experience! - talk radio - who'da thunk it?

janet

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now /44 dx cd / 43 onset cd /41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/