Date sent:              Sun, 14 Jan 2001 21:02:04 EST
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   Jo Ann Coen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: NON PD - VIRUS Alert
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> Bob - Mine came in as hahahaha Snow White and the 7 dwarfs.
> I called my love and he checked on his internet (I can't get internet
> ) and he called me back and told me to delete it immediately, not to
> reply or to forward.  I did hit the forward button, and the return
> address was [log in to unmask] I received this 3 times in one month, and
> today, I received it twice.  My love said it is a worm.  Isn't that
> worse than a virus?  Jo Ann

Jo Ann (and others),

A worm is a form of malicious code (I am not enough of a geek to
know the actual difference), but it is nonetheless an undesirable entity.

The only way to avoid these problems is to have a good anti-virus
program installed and operating in the background; and to keep it up-
to-date.  McAfee Anti-Virus came with my laptop, but I have come to
like Norton Anti-Virus better (it seems to use less in the way of
computer resources and does not slow down my system as much as
the McAfee did).  One can get plain Norton Anti-Virus 2001 for less
than $20; I got the "suite" (with a few extra bells and whistles) for
about $50.  It works all by itself, scanning everything that comes in
from the Internet as the downloads arrive; and, depending on the age
of your computer, it will either notify you when you need to go on the
Web to upgrade the list of viruses, or, as in my case, will automatically
retrieve such updates every time you login.

Anybody who gets out on the Internet needs to have an anti-virus
program.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"