hi. I will state based on Cleveland , ohio prices. I will insert the
answers below.

[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Linda and Nancy....and any others.....
>
> Before writing my letters re: indep housing/HUD.. I have a couple of
> questions......
>
> 1.  Does indep housing mean "round the clock care" if necessary?
 If someone needs around the clock care here, they would not qualify at
all for indep. housing. indep. housing here means that the person goes
to work daily. Usually a very low paying job, and the govt. subsidizes
the person - rent, food stamps, cut there lawn and shovel their drive
for them.

>      what is that cost? The cost is dependant on how much u make. I have heard anything from 125. to 400. a month for the rent.

>      how many people need round the clock care to remain in indep
> housing?  NONE

> (most of us do not require 24 hour attention but rather help at

Many not now, but u will need around the clock care someday. It doesn't
mean someone is working 24 hours straight.

> 2.  How is need for help to be determined.......and how will the
> salaries be
> determined?
U would get a caseworker-R.N. who visits u one time every 45 days. They
visit to make sure u are cared for. If you need anything in-between,
they will come out. If u are in N.H., independent housing, or assisted
living you will be most likely on Medicaid and medicare and insurance.
The govt. determines the salary. Here you can go to an agency or hire
urslef. Though an  agency they pay 8.50 per hour to start.  If u hire
the aide urself then the govt. pays 12. per hour. Many go thru the
agencies for back up for call offs, and less likely to be taken
advantage of.

   What is the labor market available?
 Most aides do not have cars. -about 75%. Helps if u live near a
busline.   If u hire a aide, make sure u take out the taxes. Most aides
don't like that and will tell u  to pay them more or u won't find
anyone. Not true. Make sure u do a criminal background check.

In Cleveland it is cheaper to stay at home.  A live in (200-300 a week),
and a HHA (medicaid or self pay is $120 a day.   Regarding medicare and
medicaid laws get an attorney to explain the 3- 5 year look back whether
u stay at home or not.  What happens is that people have to spend all
their money down to approx. 83,000 (spouse) before they go on Medicaid.
Consult an attorney experienced in Elder care.

Cleveland N.H. are 200-250 a day. Day care 61.-85 a day.
wow u have a great deal $129 a day for all that.

nancy