howard
cbgd/PSP/PD+
62.58/45

In a message dated 1/8/01 12:04:39 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Date: 1/8/01 12:04:39 PM Central Standard Time
From:    [log in to unmask] (Joseph Hertz)
Sender:    [log in to unmask] (Parkinson's Information Exchange
Network)
To:    [log in to unmask]

Nigel:  If  the problems can be linked to medication would that be a reason
to transcend dental medication?  Joe. Nigel Harland wrote:
 Hello all,           Since diagnosis way back in '89 my speech has
become increasingly garbled, to the extent that I now rely heavily on my
wife to do the speaking for me, and I try to avoid conversations if
possible. Even the simplest of phone calls stresses me out, not knowing
whether or not I will be able to make myself understood.The problem seems
to be linked to my Meds, when I am  at peak medication my speech is at its
worst, when I am at minimum medication my speech is almost back to
normal.The situation seemed to get worse after I started taking
Amitriptyline to help me sleep.I would like to ask the following
questions.1/ Has anyone experienced similar problems, if so do you ha! ve
any advice or tips on how to improve the situation ?2/ Several mails
lately have mentioned Remeron as an aid to sleeping, has this had any
adverse effects on speech ?Regards,Nigel ,46 , Present Meds ::  Madopar
Dispersible, Cabaser, Selegeline, Amantadine, Amitriptyline.