Reply to Sandra Norris

Sandra,

Nancy's menstrual cycle used to cause all the PD related
symptoms you describe to worsen. We were able to solve most
of the problems by using birth control pills continuously
during the month. You don't take the placebo for 7 days you
just continuously take the pills. This leveled out her
hormones and everything improved dramatically. We had to
request this therapy. Doctors just don't have much
experience in this area. We made sure the neuro, GP and
Ob/gyn were aware of what she was doing and no one objected.
The OB/Gyn wrote the presciption. I don't know how old you
are. Nancy was in her early forties when she started taking
the birth control pills this way. It worked!

Now at age 55 Nancy takes Prempro to maintain hormone
levels, that seems to work well, and a pill called neurontin
which helps to control glutamate levels which also influence
PD pain. Neurontin is quite safe and has had no side effects
except in the beginning of this therapy the pills made Nancy
sleepy. She has taken as many as 9 per day. She is currently
at 4 per day 400mg each.

Hope this helps.

Bob Martone
http://www.samlink.com/~bmartone