Nigel:  If  the problems can be linked to medication would that be a reason to transcend dental medication?  Joe.

Nigel Harland wrote:

  Hello all,           Since diagnosis way back in '89 my speech has become increasingly garbled, to the extent that I now rely heavily on my wife to do the speaking for me, and I try to avoid conversations if possible. Even the simplest of phone calls stresses me out, not knowing whether or not I will be able to make myself understood.The problem seems to be linked to my Meds, when I am  at peak medication my speech is at its worst, when I am at minimum medication my speech is almost back to normal.The situation seemed to get worse after I started taking Amitriptyline to help me sleep.I would like to ask the following questions.1/ Has anyone experienced similar problems, if so do you have any advice or tips on how to improve the situation ?2/ Several mails lately have mentioned Remeron as an aid to sleeping, has this had any adverse effects on speech ?Regards,Nigel ,46 , Present Meds ::  Madopar Dispersible, Cabaser, Selegeline, Amantadine, Amitriptyline.