Fellow PWP's and Caregivers. May I say thank you for all of the most positive replies that you have sent via the list and also for the private emails. I am very emotionally touched by so many kind words. I cry easily nowadays and am I suppose very emotional. I was never like this; a man does not cry.(Men do cry). I have led a very hard life in the sense that nothing was made easy for me. My mainstay since I was twenty five has been my beloved wife.She has been by my side through thick and thin(True Love).Parkinson's has ruined what promised to be a good retirement. Where are all of our plans to travel and see the world. To meet and make new friends.I have come to accept the illness not willingly. By heck I fought and am still fighting. I know others on the list have also the need to write(Bob, Dennis and many more)We try to put in to writing that what we cannot battle on our own. How does one fight the long periods of not being able to sleep. How does one combat pain? the still nagging pain that comes without warning and stays for days on end. How else shall we fight more intimate things like incontinence etceteras. Don, Bless him tries to joke about that what he as a man cannot fight.As the illness progresses those of you that at the time of writing are not so disabled will perhaps experience these and other symptoms of the illness. Who knows a cheery poem or a good clean joke might just be the thing that brings a smile to your face.(it has to mine). Let us write each and every one of us that which we best do, and pass it on to the other PWPs and Caregivers on the list. Please as far as I am concerned you may use your delete key as often as you will. It might be the very thing that you delete that would have helped make your day or even put your mind at rest. who knows. Sorry to have been so long winded please bear with me. Bern.........Peace.

http://members.chello.at/bernard.shaw/poetry.html

http://www.postpoems.com/members/bern/