Dear List Family....

 I was standing the checkout line at the market a few days ago, and
picked up a magazine and browsed it while waiting to be checked out.
I actually plunked down the great sum of $1.95 to BUY the magazine order
to be able to .copy the following to the List at my leisure.

Ready?   HEEEEEERRRREEE GOES! <smiling atcha>

Barb Mallut

-----
Dental Xrays can save not only your teeth but maybe even your life.

 67year old woman in Rochester, New York, was in danger of a stroke caused
by
calcified deposits in her neck arteries.  Dental Xrays picked up the problem.

Blockage of the  carotid arteries that carry blood to brain is responsible
for about half of the estimated 730,000 strokes occurring in the United
States each year.

"She wasn't aware that she could have died at any moment," Dov Almorg. one of
the University of Rochester, told Reuters Health.  He and  his colleagues
described the  case in a recent Journal of the American Dental  Association.
They say that the panoramic radiography dentists use should shouldn't replace
the ultrasound tests usually used to discover deposits in the neck arteries.
But Almorg and his associates have started workshops to teach dentists what
to look for in X-rays, under the sponsorship of the American of Oral and
Maxillofacial Surgeons,