Charles you have asked for help with a book for People with Parkinson's.
What I myself found useful and here I was helped by my Neurologe. Was to
write my life down on paper. All of my innermost thoughts. Everything that
had up to that time been deeply hidden in my memory banks. A sort of
Autobiography if you will. He then told me to read and re-read what I had
written then destroy it it was only for my eyes. It certainly helped me with
my black fits of depression. More practical apart from placing hand rails or
bars everywhere in the flat. was to move the carpets and store them away.
Most Parkies tend to drag their feet and carpets can be very dangerous.
Another tip is to get rid of the bath and install a shower with a seat to
sit on. The shower must of course be large enough for the caregiver to be
able to help the patient. A grab bar by the bed is a must. A knotted rope
hung above the bed or armchair helps me when I want to get up either out of
bed or the chair.Then there are special cutlery sets that helps Parkies to
grip so that they have better control when eating.I also find that a couple
of hours sleep at midday after lunch is very helpful for recharging my
batteries. (Figuratively speaking of course).If I can help with further
information more in the form of question and answers I will of course be
only too happy to help. Bern........Peace
Parkinson eighteen years. age seventy one. Austria Europe.

http://members.chello.at/bernard.shaw/poetry.html

http://www.postpoems.com/members/bern/