Socks.

It is now seven o'clock Sir, Yes seven of the clock,
And I have got a hole Sir, right in my left sock.
My socks are coloured blue Sir, plain ordinary blue,
If I had some money Sir, I'd buy some socks brand new.
Now my socks keep me warm Sir and they cover my big feet,
But to have a sock with a hole Sir, now that is not very neat.
They have new socks in the shops Sir, in the shops they have new socks,
There is me without a penny Sir, In fact I'm on the rocks.
Now if the Lady down the road Sir, would give me some blue wool,
I would mend the hole in my sock Sir and that would be quite cool.
It is very embarrassing Sir, just to have one hole,
I am determined to get another Sir, for one is just too droll.
I could take off my socks Sir, then of course my shoes,
I might even be in the papers Sir, in fact just make the news.

© Bernard Shaw

http://members.chello.at/bernard.shaw/poetry.html

http://www.postpoems.com/members/bern/