Marco - I attend 2 Parkinson's support groups occasionally.  I don't have
it, but my love does. I've heard many comments from PWP's - more from men
than from women- that their spouses have "shut them out".  Not so much
from denial, but from shame.  One man said his wife won't even go to
Church at the same service he attends.  I would never turn my back on my
love.  In fact, I ask him to take me various places, because I love him -
that person inside of that deteriorating body.  So what if he has to use
a cane.  So what if his tremors are so bad sometimes that his entire body
shakes.  So what if I have to cut up his food, or if he drools, or
whatever. My love for him is not based on what he once was, a tall 6'2"
185 lb man, who is very handsome, but for what he is now.  Right now.
Still tall, still handsome, but with some physical problems manisfested
from the brain cell deterioration.  Sometimes his speech is slurred and
sometimes I have to ask him to repeat his sentence, which he does gladly.
 On the phone, especially in the evening when he is tired, his voice is
very weak and I can hardly hear him (we don't live together, but talk
often and see each other
often). I don't care about a trophy love, I want a person who understands
me and cares for me and can carry on a conversation(so far), and will let
me share my life with him as much as is possible.  Marco, I wish you the
very best, and hope you find things that will keep your mind busy so you
won't dwell on negative things.  Best to you.  Jo Ann from Houston