Pauline - Is the fact that David is shutting you out because of his
illness and his withdrawing? From the various support groups I've
attended, it seems some of the PWP's hate their situation so much, and
some of them blame it on their past,  and some  are
resentful of the fact that their spouse is in good health and able to
provide when they can't.   I can't make any suggestions because I don't
live with my PWP, but so far, he doesn't exhibit any withdrawing or blame
that I know of.  He is just him, and very caring
and understanding and loving.  Best to you.  Jo Ann