Bob and Janine...don't mess around with people who have no authority to
make the situation right...after all this trouble go straight to the top...I am
currently having a recliner chair purchased from a well-know furniture company
last February 1999, eleven months ago replaced free of charge because I went to
the top (Corporate level) after being given the run-around by the store...I've
always been curteous but firm in my request and never angry about the
problem....and it works.....the people at Corporate level don't want to hear
that there are problems in the company that are not being solved.....Write a
short paragraph saying there was a problem    as outlined in the
attachment and ask for their help and attach a detailed account of your
experiences with their staff (names and dates)  and the laptop...Compaq
computers Corporate members (President, CEO, etc.) info can be found at the
following  website and the address is listed below....Call to see which
person is at which address and note on the letter that you sent copies to
whomever so that all recipients know ....let us know how you made out....Joan
Hartman

  http://www5.compaq.com/corporate/community/managementteam.html
Headquarters:

20555 State Highway 249