-------yes, Peter fell again this morning, while I was still in bed--he
wanted to get the paper, but fortunately fell IN the house, not out on the
porch.   Our daughter, Chris, was close by and came to help, but he
couldn't manage to get up (HOW does Don do that ???)  so I had to call 911
again---they are so great--all volunteers here.  He decided to go in the
car to hospital because we were afraid he had done more damage to the
compression fractured vertebra , so Chris drove us, and waited with me.
Another X ray showed the first break, but no apparent additional damage.
He's home, in bed now, resting--I hope.  He hates to call me, and sometimes
he calls and I don't hear his soft "Parkie voice" with my  deaf old ears.
I urge him to blow his "London Bobbie" whistle, and that I can hear, but he
wants to be independent, despite my pleas.
I think one of the hardest things for PWPs and CGs may be to work out the
best balance  of independence and  helping.  Not always easy to know when
to insist on stepping in to be proactive, rather than wait for a crisis.  I
think of Don McKinley, who holds on so hard to every shred of independence
he can, and I wonder how Vivian  manages to keep hands off and tell him to
crawl over to a chair and pull himself up !  Unfortunately, Peter wasn't
strong enough for that to work this time, though at times in the past it
has..  This is the 3rd time Peter has fallen this month......more than ever
before.  This is one habit we'd like to break---before he breaks something
else      8--(

So many of you have sent your messages of caring and concern--thank you
all, and let's hear it for staying VERTICAL  !!!

       Camilla Flintermann,                             <[log in to unmask]>

      On PDWebring at : http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "  Knowing when to insist, and when to let be,
                         is, perhaps, a lifetime learning experience  ."
                                          --Mary McCurry