Take my tablets pull myself out of bed,
As usual my feet are like lumps of lead.
Stagger to the bathroom my bladder very full,
Wait for the relief as I feel the well-known pull.
Have a good hot shower to take the stiffness away,
Ready for my breakfast to start another day.
My Lady Wife has shaved me to make me look smart,
This is when my shakes threaten to pull me apart.
I feel very tempted to take another Sinemet,
But I won't give in, at least not yet.
Start the computer read my e-mail post,
This is what I like doing the most.
Other Parkies have written to me,
Makes me feel like part of the family.
I read of compassion and the feelings of care,
That the other Parkies want with me to share.
If there is anything that I need to know,
Advice will come my way and I feel a warm glow.
Pains in my neck and also in my back,
Sometimes so many that I begin to lose track.
With my walking stick clutched tightly in my hand,
I totter down the street, my face trying to look bland.
At our favourite coffee shop we order coffee and cake,
They kindly give me a straw, as they know my hands will shake.
Then back home to prepare for the midday lunch,
With the soft kinds of vegetables, that I can slowly munch.
My lovely Lady Wife cooks those things that I like to eat,
Shaking hands struggle to fork that pre cut meat.
After lunch I go off to my bed to have a little sleep,
The stiffness and pain make me want to weep.
Then another Sinemet, wait until it takes affect,
Hoping that there will be no bad after-effects.
Then we have our tea and discuss the daily news,
And other little things such as buying some new shoes.
Take my evening tablets dreading a sleepless night,
My lovely lady hugs and cuddles to me up tight.
With a bit of luck I drop off to sleep.
With my prayers said for all the people that I know,
Wait for the morning light that comes ever so slow.
On to another day with Parkinson in my way,
How I wish for my youth when life was just play.

http://members.chello.at/bernard.shaw/poetry.html

http://www.postpoems.com/members/bern/