Hi,

It has been my experience and from what I have heard from others that it
takes a fairly high dose, say around 6 or 7 mgs minimally, to see results. In
case you've taken Mirapex before, 1.5 mg is approximately the same as 7mg of
Requip. I'm up to about 10-12 mg of Requip, and the maximum dose is 24mg.
I'd say, if you are not seeing a difference that you have probably recently
started on Requip or are still at a low dose, your not that improved, and
that is why your Dr. wants to increase it.  You must give it time before
deciding.  I believe that a lot of people give up on Requip because it has
such a large range of dosing.  But that can be an advantage, in that you can
fine tune the dosing much easier.  I found it difficult to take Mirapex,
because it is so much more potent--it's maximum is, I think around 4.5-6 mg,
and I found it hard to take, though you can get it in .25-mg pills, I
believe.  Good luck.

Charlotte Mancuso