Jo Ann, Part of it is anger at the disease,part of it is that I control
everything but believe me not by choice. He can't drive but I do try to give
him tasks in the house to help with.He used to help when our four children
were growing up but as far as the house he was spoiled by his mother and
never did anything.And i didn't help matters as he got more progressed in
his disease. My pity I guess.We both see therapists and I think that is very
helpful for him to vent with someone of his own. And I have had my own for
many years because of sexual abuse as a child.I have worked that thru and
I'm working on caring about myself so I can care for him. I have had 5 of
his relatives that we have been responsible for until they started dying in
their 8o's and now only one is left. So I have brought up a young family and
an older family too.Its time for me a little before my life is over.
I'm singing again which I did professionally in the past as well as my
nursing job.And I'm trying to make some new friends in the new area we live
now.We moved to a smaller more affordable home that he can manuver in
better.I take him out when he is up to it and get him whatever radio or
parts he wants to give him something to keep him occupied and stimulated.But
he only sees me as a caretaker for him although I know he loves me in his
own way.What else can I say.He is in bed by 7pm and on nights that I am
working at 11pm I take a nap so that's alright. But on the nights I am off
it is very lonely.He can't be left alone because he's deaf,can't smell and
uses a breathing machine. If there was ever a breakin or fire he would never
get out as he can barely see.Our son is here on the nights I work so he is
never alone.well enough about us, others have it worse but that's our little
story
Thanks,
Pauline
CG David 61/29 years