From: "Sid Levin" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2001 12:31 AM
Subject: Subject: PD and Hypotension (Low blood pressure)

Lionel,
Along with PD, I have Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

With CHF the heart does not pump efficiently and the Blood Pressure (BP) can
get very low. I found that Sinemet lowered my BP and I cant take it. Once in
my Endocrinologist's office, my BP dropped to 65 over 45. He fed me instant
chicken soup and other high salt products with tons of water. That
eventually
raised the BP. I now carry a small packet of salt with me on trips, but I am
normally on a low salt diet so I do not overload my heart. Most of the time
my BP is 90/70 give or take a few points.
Aside from my long CHF med list, I take for PD, Requip and Mirapex. I try to
take them alternately 1.25-1.5 mg every two hours. My BP is under control
most of the time and by alternating the two very similar meds, I seem to
avoid sleep attacks which I had when taking Mirapex alone. The Requip does
not seem quite as effective, hence the mix. It works ------------ sometimes.
Good Luck
Sid Levin