I have dry mouth, no,  desert mouth.  I had dry mouth before as a side effect
of non-PD medication, and the PD medication now makes it so much worse.   A
few years ago a friend of mine went to Walgreen's and purchased all these dry
mouth products for me: the toothpaste, the gum, and artificial salivia.
None of them work.  Forget water and other liquids, ice chips, hard candy,
whatever: none of it works or works for a very short time.  When my throat
gets very dry, I will cough and then I will choke.  The only thing that works
for me to prevent this from happening or to stop it once it starts is a
medicated or mentholated cough drop.  I only use one or two a day, and
usually when I leave the house to go somewhere.  If I am having a particular
problem with dry mouth when I am out or when I am going to bed or trying to
sleep, I will take a cough drop.  I do drink lots and lots and lots of
liquids, usually when I'm at home, usually water or something non-caloric or
sugar-free.  Just when I think that the dry mouth is manageable, I will have
an episode where I drink glass after glass of water, and nothing works, my
mouth is still dry right after  drinking a full glass of water.  Basicly
nothing I have found works very well.  If anyone has any ideas, please share
them!   Katie