With apologies to Lewis Carol Author of Alice in Wonderland.

Silly Humpty Dumpty.

Silly Humpty Dumpty sat upon a wall,
Being the shape of an egg he was bound to fall.
What was his purpose, was he just too small,
To stretch his short legs to see over the wall.
Was he being nosey, Inquisitive so to speak,
Taking such risks over the wall to peek.
What was so exciting on the other side of the wall,
Were the Soldiers drilling,or the sound of a bugle call.
We know that all the King's Horses and all of the Kings men,
Could not put Humpty Dumpty back together again.
I have wracked my brains to solve this mystery,
But one thing is sure he has gone down in history.
There is not a child in the land that has not shown remorse,
For Humpty Dumpty is a children's hero as a matter of course.
This all happened in "Alice's Wonderland,
And she of course got the news at first hand.
"Off with his head,"said the Queen of Hearts,
Did she suspect Humpty Dumpty of stealing all her tarts.
Yes Humpty Dumpty climbed that stupid wall,
Now all the world is talking about his infamous fall.
Now do not be like Humpty Dumpty and climb upon a wall,
For as sure as God made little apples you are bound to fall.

© Bernard Shaw

http://members.chello.at/bernard.shaw/poetry.html

http://www.postpoems.com/members/bern/