>should a person with pd be concerned about cataract removal... are their
>any special considerations one should be concerned about??
>
>thanks..

Dale, that kind of surgery is very mature and most times free of
side-effects. The results of the lens implants is remarkable and makes one
kick themselves for putting it off for so long.

The anthesiologist will put you out and surpress any movements you may have
from being off meds. You may be able to hear and converse through the
operation. You may be able to see the fishbowl effect of your surgeon
working on the eye. There is no pain involved but since you may be groggy
after waking up, have a ride home and be prepared to rest the rest of the day.

I was near sighted all my life but after cataract surgery I have 20-20
vision, my first set of glasses had clear glass with just a bit of bifocal
for reading.

Six months to a year after the procedure you might experience clouding of
the eye. They have a laser procedure to fix that which takes less than 5
minutes.The back part of the eye, where the cataract is removed, becomes
hard and the vision looking through that makes it appear to be cloudy. The
laser shoots holes in the outside of this hard area and then it drops out of
your field of vision.

Enjoy your new vision.

                   Change your Parkinsn email settings at:
               http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com