Hi all my friends:),

I like to share some poems I have written since 1995. I have PD since 1987,
diagnosed in may 1990. I  was born in Holland, but I live since dec 97 in
Texas. I started writing poems in 1994. I call them messages because they
are pretty straight forward. I will post everyday one, till you tell me to
stop. (hey give me a chance, don't say stop after one poem/message:)
So here is the first one:)

Warm greetings from a getting warmer Texas.

Kees
===========
?       WALK/DONT

       Washington DC., middle of June,
       Warm and humid, much too soon,
       Tourist season and PAN actions,
       Many cars, people and elections.

       Many sidewalks, many roads,
       Many umbrella's, many coats,
       Many crossings, many lights,
       I'm here, but want to be at the other side.

       The light says in red "DONT WALK",
       I wait Parkinson patiently till it says "WALK"
       I start, well I try to anyhow,
       I know I have to go, and to do it NOW!

       It took me two seconds to start,
       And then I work very hard,
       To get across to reach the other side.
       I do my best and sea cars ready to ride.

       Then it happens of which I was afraid,
       The light "WALK" disappears and I am too late,
       To go back so I must proceed my quest,
       "DONT WALK" is blinking, oh what a mess.

       The metal killers howl and roar,
       My brain works fast, my legs so slow,
       Adrenaline is pushed into my brain,
       I'm dead is all what there remains!!

       I hear the cars come closer in vast approach,
       And I remember the words of my highschool coach:
       "You can do it!", while the cars are just a foot away,
       I fold my hands and start to pray.

       Trembling from emotion,
       I look back in slow-motion,
       And just THEN I realize,