KEES,

YOU ARE WAY OUT OF BOUNDS, MY FRIEND!!

On Sun, 4 Feb 2001 21:56:00 -0800 kees Paap <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> > Dear PIEN and Caregivers List members:
> >

> Dear Ivan,
>

> > It is now almost 08:00 AM on Sunday, February 4, 2001.
> > I have been trying to type this message , in intervals,  for
> nearly
> > 3 hours.
> >

> It is now almost 9.00 PM on Sunday, February 4, 2001. I am
> continuesly
> typing now for nearly 10 minutes. I  have no idea how long I need to
> type
> this letter, but I will write it at the end  of this letter.
>
> >   Friday night,   I had to taxi downtown to Mercy Hospital, and
> > abandon my PD-adapted home.  I had failed to find overnight
> > PCA (personal  care attendant)  help,  and I was feeling
> > nearly exhausted.
>
> Why an expensive taxi, no bus or friend that could  bring  you to
> the
> hospital.

SNOWSTORM and NO BUSSES LATE AT NIGHT
AND IN ANY CASE I AM NOT WELL ENOUGH
TO TAKE A LATE_NIGHT BUS.

 How did  you get to the cab? Wheeling or Walking ?

ASSISTED BY THE DRIVER, WHILE I USED CRUTCHES

> Why don't you stay in bed,

NEED TO RESPOND TO DOORS; THE NEED TO GO TO
BATHROOM HAPPENS; THE BEDROOM IS NOTALWAYS
THE BEST PLACE IN THE HOUSE FOR ME.
or if you can't sleep, stay up and  read
> a book
> or watch television?

TOO DANGEROUS TO HAVE NO SLEEP ALL NIGHT . I
HAVE TO TAKE MEDICINES EVERY 3 HOURS

> >  My usual daily PCA care hours ,  paid to the PCA's by
> > the Maine Medicaid Waiver  for the Physically Disabled
> > (Consumer- Directed), have been assessed for the only time in 6
> years to
> > be drastically cut,  from 13 hours per day, which I have had since
> 1998,
> >  to 5 hours per day.  This is the simultaneous assessment of my
> needs
> > by the Maine  Bureau of Elder and Adult Services (BEAS) and  by
> the
> > Provider Agency, Alpha One, Incorporated.
> >
> > This happened October  23, at my home.  It was very, very strange.
> > Instead of
>
> SNIP SNIP SNIP
>
> So, what you are asking  from me, is that I write a letter to
> support your
> search for PCA's that you need to pee standing?

SORRY, THIS IS NOT WHAT I SAID AT ALL
RE-READ IT CAREFULLY.

> Wake up Ivan, we are in 2001 !!  You have to make choices, just like
> anybody
> else. You have to make something of live.....and you have to do that
> yourself.
KEES, WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO?? KEES, YOU BETTER JUST
STOP THIS. DID YOUR PALLIDOTOMY INJURE YOUR THINKING
PROCESSES?  YOU SEEM TO BE LECTURING ME...AT WHAT EXPENSE??
I DON't NEED THIS UNDESERVED ATTACK
If you can't pee standing....sit down and pee, is more
> hygienic
> also.
IF YOU THINK I DON't KNOW THIS, YOU ARE WAY OUT
IN SPACE.  WHAT"S WRONG IS WITH YOU, NOT ME>
> off. There
> are many more ways to cope with this dreadful disease. Just ask the
> list:)
KEES, YOU MUST SURELY KNOW THAT I COPE FAR
BETTER THAN YOU THINK.

> Kees Paap
>
> P.S.   please read my poem "Ignore"

IT's a LOVELY POEM, and I CAN ONLY SAY
THAT YOU are the ONE with a BAD ATTITUDE TRIGHT NOW.

YOU WILL LOSE YOUR PIEN PRIVILEGES IF YOU CANNOT
KEEP YOUR ATTACKS  O - F _F THE PIEN LIST!!!

 Ivan Suzman        51/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses        HEAVY SNOW, HIGH WINDS 29
deg. F   :-)