For those who have forgotten or are simply testing the envelope with
hateful postings, here are the relavant sections of the Parkinsn Guidelines
that your posts should be in harmony with.

Some think the list management is "clueless" but I can assure all, we are
in complete agreement when it comes to an appropriate course of action.
Knowing that we all can have a bad day, most times we wait for the other
"Italian leather shoe" to drop hoping that tomorrow will allow you to be
more tolerant. If you disagree with one another's opinion, take it off-list.

If you disagree with the Parkinsn owners, the tone of your disagreement
probably will influence the outcome of your grievence. Honey attracts more
bees than vinegar. Sarcasm and disrespect will not bring about your desired
goals.

We each had our own individual personalities & quirks before Parkinson's
and just having this companion hasn't changed us.

The Review decision will require the list management to moderate the
offenders. Those under Review will have their postings sent to the list
owners who will measure the tone of the posting using 3B as a guideline for
approval to be posted to the entire list. If in the opinion of the list
owners, the posting does not measure up, it will not be distributed. Use of
the Review process is a dispute resolution process.

Appropriate Part of the Parkinsn Guidelines

3B)  Subscribers are responsible for conducting themselves in accordance
with the policies contained in this Charter or Guidelines.

Parkinsn membership is multi-national, multi-cultural and
multi-denominational; therefore,  Parkinsn is not the forum for promoting
or criticizing ethnicity or religion. Since we are a multi-national
community, care has to be taken so as not offend the sensibilities of
multi-ethnic members. Off-color postings and comments damage our
cohesiveness.

Subscribers are free to discuss ideas, but disparaging remarks directed
toward those who adhere to different viewpoints are not acceptable.

KEEPING THE SPIRIT OF LOVING, CARING AND RESPECTING ONE ANOTHER IN THE
FOREFRONT IN PARKINSN LIST DISCUSSIONS AND THE FOCUS BALANCED WITH
THOSE IDEALS IN MIND IS AN IMPORTANT GOAL.

Humor and creative expression are appreciated but are not the main focus
of Parkinsn. Other forums are available which better specialize in these
kinds of postings. Those which reflect and/or express the realities of
living with Parkinson's either as a person with Parkinson's (pwp) or a
caregiver are always welcome on Parkinsn.

Organizations are free to use our hospitality to announce events that are
of interest to our community once they have identified themselves to the
list owner.

New members who introduce themselves or pose questions should be made to
feel welcome and receive a response to their questions and concerns.

          Guidelines for Posting

                    1. Be Courteous
                    2. Identify Yourself
                    3. Quote Sparingly
                    4. Plain Text Only; No Attachments
                    5. Keep Signatures Short
                    6. Stay on Topic
                    7. Use an Appropriate Subject Line
                    8. Respect Copyrights

                   Online Subscription help available by MSN Messenger
                  [log in to unmask] or ICQ 2376159
John Cottingham