In this issue:

1. Viruses this week
2. New P-I-E-N-O Additions and Revisions

You can avoid any viruses inadvertantly sent by list members if you will
click on the Suspend Parkinsn Mail button on the P-I-E-N-O Mail Management
page and read it online at P-I-E-N-O. You will still be able to post
messages but you will reduce the risk of inadvertant viruses.

Mail Management Page:

http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com/mailopt.html

Read Parkinsn List messages:

http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com/maillist.html

Virus Programs

Most new anti-virus programs provide the definitions for a year..after that
you have to pay for them or upgrade to the newer version of the program.

In the worst case, your machine will quit working and every file on the hard
drive will be corrupted.

If you catch it early and not have one of the fatal viruses, even if you
don't have a current anti-virus program, one that is free, is available on
the web.

HouseCall is at the following address. It will download some temporary files
to your computer that will run an anti-virus program. After download, at the
box at the bottom of the webpage, your drives will be listed. click on the
ones you want checked. Not wanting to be more redundant..:) read the
instructions below.

One other thing. If you have ever found a virus on your machine before with
an anti-virus program and it was put in quarantine rather than deleted..it
is still on your hard drive and house call will report it. Just tell
HouseCall to delete it.

How to use HouseCall:

http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

When HouseCall finishes loading, you will see a 'window' above showing all
the disk drives on your computer.

Select the disk drive(s) or directories you would like to scan.

Click the 'Scan' button to start. (You can continue to browse the web while
HouseCall is scanning.)

If HouseCall finds a virus, it will list its name, as well as the name of
the infected file(s).

>  Click on the virus name to learn more about the virus >  Click on the
'Clean' button to remove the virus.

If the virus cannot be cleaned, HouseCall will give you the option to delete
the infected file.

Having trouble?

1.  Check the Frequently Asked Questions file. It is located at:

http://housecall.antivirus.com/pc_housecall/faq_corp.htm

Check your Browser:

To use HouseCall, you will need to have either Microsoft Internet Explorer
(version 3.02 or above) or Netscape Navigator (version 3.01 or above).

New P-I-E-N-O Additions and Revisions

The indexed Parkinsn Charter/Guidlines are at:

http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com/parkinsn.html

Simon Coles Archive search boxes on several pages of P-I-E-N-O allow
searches while you are reading the messages. These utilize the new address
home of the archive.

New indexed articles on P-I-E-N-O include the 11 person study of those
having DBS and also an article about new 3-D technology allowing a 2 hour
DBS procedure. Indexing allows one to jump directly within an article to the
topic you are interested in.

These can be found at:

http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com

Keeping your computer free of viruses is each subscribers responsibility.
If you are using Outlook Express you are not only at risk from the Kak
viruses but you are placing the other 1900 Parkinsn subscribers at risk
also.The virus definitions in your anti-virus software need to be updated
monthly. Barbara Patterson and I get immediate notification when viruses
are sent to Parkinsn and will pro-actively suspend any member who doesn't
properly maintain a virus free computer. After the member cleans their
computer of any viruses and installs an anti-virus program, their
subscription will be reinstated.

John Cottingham

                   Change your Parkinsn email settings at:
               http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com