U.S. Newswire
26 Jan 16:59
Bush Remarks in Photo Opportunity with Governors
To: National Desk
Contact: White House Press Office, 202-456-2580
WASHINGTON, Jan. 26 /U.S. Newswire/ -- The
following is a transcript of Bush's remarks in
a photo opportunity with governors:

The Roosevelt Room
3:00 p.m. ES

<SNIP>

Q Mr. President, do you believe that federal
money should be used or spent on fetal tissue
or stem cell research derived from induced
abortions?

THE PRESIDENT: No, I don't.

Q Will you have an executive order to that
effect?

THE PRESIDENT: I believe there's some exciting -
- I believe there's some wonderful
opportunities for adult stem cell
research. I believe we can find stem cells from
fetuses that died a natural death. But I do not
support research from aborted fetuses.

Q I assume that you'll sign an executive order
to that or make that the law of the land?

THE PRESIDENT: I'll let you know when I decide
all policy decisions. But I do not -- to answer
your question, the answer is no.

<SNIP>

http://www.usnewswire.com/topnews/Current_Releas
es/0126-131.html