Hello,

Occasionally after exercising I experience an irritated sensation in
my nose that is immediately followed by profuse nasal running
(rhinorrhea) that lasts about 24 hours.  I thought I had an allergy.
When I described these symptoms to my neurologist, she said
that it was nonallergic vasomotor rhinitis, an autonomic nervous
system disorder that results from Parkinson's disease.
Subsequently I found a few references on the internet that indicated
that exercise and parasympathetic nervous system overstimulation
are possible causes of vasomotor rhinitis.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?  Do you have
suggestions for prevention?

Phil Tompkins
Amherst, Massachusetts
age 63/dx 1990