Date sent:              Tue, 6 Feb 2001 14:21:10 -0500
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   elizabeth wands <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                white fingers
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> Greetings, I have been mostly lurking lately,lerning much as usual.
> But now I have a problem and perhaps one of you would know something
> about it.  I have had Parkinsons for about 5 years and take Sinimet,
> Amantidine and Requip for medication.  For some time now for no reason
> some of my fingers turn deathly white from the large knuckle to the
> tip..  The doctors thought it might be Raunairds (not sure of the
> spelling ) but since it can occur at any time they are not sure,  They
> stay white for some time going completely numb.  Slowly the blood
> flows back. It truly is embarrasing because it is ugly.
>
> Anyone have any ideas or anything similar?
>
> Appreciate your concideration.
> Elizabeth  70/5

It could indeed be Reynaud's.  This can occur with any number of
conditions and bears a good medical evaluation.  It is probably not
related to the Parkinson's disease.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D.
2500 Milvia Street   Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636  USA
510-849-2555
PLEASE NOTE:  Because of the takeover of IBMNET by
AT&T, my new e-mail address, effective immediately,
is:

The old <ibm.net> address will no longer
function after March 1, 2001.  PLEASE CHANGE
YOUR ADDRESS BOOKS.