Hi Bob and Sid and All,
I was in a car accident years ago (prior to Parkinson's diagnosis)
and rehab was very speedy for my injuries.  However, I had some latent
PD symptoms and the physio guy tried to treat my stiff ankle (and my
assymetry associated with my walk) with a TENS unit.  I well recall his
frustration (and mine) and his eventual conclusion.... "There is
something here that is not consistent with a treatable injury".  Four
years later I was diagnosed a Parkinsonian and the "puzzle" was solved.
What does it mean?  I think my personal experience indicates a TENS
unit may not help PD.  I'll await the study that proves otherwise.

All the best ...... murray  (never tried acupuncture)