Leonard "Chy" Casavant, that cowboy from Michigan, has indeed hitched
his wagon here in Chillicothe, Central, IL! But things have been
happening since Chy arrived, and we are pleased to announce that Chy's
radio show-"Travels With Parkinson's will air two special shows
TODAY-Saturday, February 3rd, 2001 from 1PM-2PM & again from 3PM-4PM.
These shows will be broadcast live from the Methodist Medical Center in
Peoria, where is Central Illinois Parkinson's Disease Support Group will
be meeting. These special shows will feature some of the live
presentation of Dr. Phillip Jobe, Ph.D & Dr.Richard Weber, Ph.D, both of
whom are involved in research at the University of Illinois Medical
School  and they will be speaking about the reasons for hope in the
field of medical research pertaining to neurological disorders & their
possible treatments. Chy's program will feature interviews with both
Doctors as well as, we hope, some of the questions being asked by the
audience. To access this wonderful, informative and supportive here
(swiped right from her post) are janet's instructions on how to accesses
this program:
tune in your wwweb browser
(using audiostreaming software: install this first!) to:
http://www.renaissanceradio.com/
and clicking on the WALE radio broadcast area or
or
tune in your radio to WALE 990 AM in Providence RI
and call in toll-free 866-277-5369
or
catch the show later on MP3 files from chy's archyves
as so generously provided by john lester, mgh webforum webspinner:
http://dem0nmac.mgh.harvard.edu/me.html

Thank you janet, and I hope everyone who has a chance, will tune in to
listen and gain some hope and some insight into what's being done in the
field of research.

--
Joan E. Blessington Snyder     49/11
http://www.geocities.com/joanbsnyder/