Dear group,

I just joined this list.  My father is 79 and has advanced Parkinsons.
He has Community Based Medicaid and lives in my home.  My mother is the
primary caregiver and has 40 hours a week help from an aide provided by
Medicaid.

A few weeks ago my father started yelling all the time and repeating
words.  He would do it in the middle of the night and started getting
very almost violent.  He refused to take his pills a lot and he has lost
a lot of weight.  We talked to the doctors and different people and
finally put him in the hospital to have a "psychiatric evaluation" where
they will evaluate his medications.

Has anyone had this kind of experience?  I talked to one woman who said
her father-in-law yelled like that and died 6-8 months later.

Also - I would like to know about feeding tubes.  When my dad was in the
nursing home there was a man that was on one but he was totally
unresponsive like he was in a coma.  The case above (father-in-law) they
chose not to use a feeding tube.

Thanks,

Sandi