Thanks, Murray -- I've said it before but I'll say it again -- you are our
treasure!
Ann Gibbons

-----Original Message-----
From: Murray Charters <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sunday, February 04, 2001 4:54 PM
Subject: Re: Scientist Reveals Breakthrough in Treating Parkinson's...

On 4 Feb 2001, at 12:37, Ann Gibbons wrote:

> I'm confused. This exciting article says "It is currently undergoing the
> final test in preparation for FDA approval for the treatment of PD.: To
> me, this means that it has completed human clinical trials and is about
SNIP

Hi Ann,
Read this one....

Teva Nears Trial Completion for Prospective Parkinson's Treatment
NEW YORK, Apr 10 (Reuters Health) - Israel's largest pharmaceutical
company, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, reported positive results from
a late-stage clinical trial for use of its rasagiline to treat Parkinson's
disease.
The phase III study focused on early stage patients not yet treated with
levodopa.  Results indicated that the "highly significant efficacy" of
SNIP