what makes you different from anybody else?
we are all human beings, suffering from a debilitating disease, and each of us
reacting in his own way. soem of us adhere to the "stiff upper lip "
tradition.
others like to tell it all.
personally, i tell my story - not because i want a pity party, but because  i
feel that i am not unique, and i have learned some hard lessons. and if others
can learn from my mistakes, and not repeat my errors - if my experiences can
lead others to a better way  of doing things,,, then maybe i am contributing
just a little... and then maybe not.
the point is we each of us have our own way of dealing with this dire
disiease, and td it affects us each  in a different way. and some of us live
at the michael j fox end of the social/economic scale, and some of us (like
ivan and myself) have ot subsist on social security and depend on the whims of
under qualified and over burdened social workers for transport,, medical care
and home health care (i haven't had an aide come to my house since jan 22nd -
i am supposed to be getting 22 hours per week! i waited in vain for a ride to
the doctor this morning ,  only to be told the computer was down yesterday,
and the medical transport co.  lost my request. fortunately a friend rescued
me - or i would  have had to wait another month for an appointment, and my
prescription were about to run our!)
PD has changed all of us, and we have all suffered losses in the quality of
our lives. Who is to say  who has lost the most? Does it really matter? surely
the point of this list is  to be a forum for all  of our comments, all of our
problems, and all of our reactions.

hilary blue