re-post

hi all

john ball

will be the guest host on this sunday's (2001/02/11)
simultaneous radio- and wwweb-cast of
'Travels With Parkinson's - Talk-radio With a Purpose" at:
http://www.geocities.com/chycasavant/

which is
just the only
wwweb broadcast parkinson's disease awareness talk-radio show
on the planet!

'Travels With Parkinson's - Talk-radio With a Purpose" (TWP-TWP)
is the 'Voice Of Parkinson's" around the world (VOP)
and is the brainchild of host and Person With Parkinson's (PWP)
that pd wwweb- and radio-broadcaster and techno edge cutter,
that talk-radio guy, leonard 'chy' casavant (PDWRB-TEC-TRG-LCC)

tune in your radio to WALE 990 AM in Providence RI
or
tune in your wwweb browser
(using audiostreaming software: install this first!)
at 9:00pm EST to:
http://www.geocities.com/chycasavant/

or
browse the show later on MP3 files from chy's archyves
as so generously provided by john lester, mgh webforum webspinner:
http://dem0nmac.mgh.harvard.edu/me.html

i don't know John Ball myself, but he has great references!
i have mined the pieNET and the jaNET archives
and discovered these nuggets about him:

Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999
From: Mary Yost
... Among those 20,000 runners was our own John Ball, a PWP who continues
to run marathons. It was pure luck that I picked him out of the crowd and
called, "Go, John Ball!"  (It amazes me when my soft PD voice sometimes can
carry, but  years of singing lessons may pay off.)  He turned to greet me,
said he was doing well though a little slower than he would have liked.
Yesterday at a support group meeting, he had described his medication plan
and I had offered to be there with supplies if something were to change.
But today he said his plan was working, and all he wanted  was a swig of
water. Then off he went to challenge his own personal best, running half an
hour ahead of my young nephew and an hour ahead of my young office
colleague. "Go, John!"...

Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000
From: Ken Aidekman
... there’s John Ball a PWP from the LA area who will RUN this year’s LA
Marathon, AGAIN.  John not only runs the marathon but he helps train
disadvantaged kids train to run it as well ...