Thanks for the update, Linda--this is sad, but I don't know what any of us
can do to alter things---I would think that Assisted Living was more
appropriate for him than a NH---maybe his doc  knows something we don't.
When ius the final hearing on his appeal, do you know?

>  Ivan called me a few minutes ago -- said he was in very bad shape. Very
>weak, and couldn't walk due to dystonia in his feet and very despondent.
>His doctor wants him to go into a nursing home tomorrow. He's afraid if
>he does he'll never get out, and the state willl take over his house. I
>asked if there was anyone locally who could help him. He said a friend
>promised to stay with him overnight. He has a lawyer from the Disability
>Rights Center, but she is going away on vacation on Saturday. He said he
>has also been in contact with someone from PAN.
>He said he can't use his computer, but wanted the list to know what is
>going on.
>Linda

       Camilla Flintermann,                             <[log in to unmask]>

      On PDWebring at : http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "  Knowing when to insist, and when to let be,
                         is, perhaps, a lifetime learning experience  ."
                                          --Mary McCurry