Linda...Ivan's phone # is 207 797 8485...Joan
Hartman

----- Original Message -----

From: Linda J Herman

To: [log in to unmask]

Sent: 2/13/01 3:05:44 AM

Subject: Re: Ivan

Hi Camilla,

  I also don't know what any of us can do. Ivan said his lawyer
filed a

brief and the Social Services Dept. has 30 days to respond. But the

lawyer does not think Ivan has any chance of winning.

  I agree with you, and was hoping they could work out some type
of

compromise for something like Assisted living or shared living

arrangements, but he is afraid that once he is admitted to a nursing

home, there is no hope of eventually being placed in less restrictive

environment.

  I cannot locaate his phone number. If anyone has it -- please
post it,

in case people want to call Ivan. He said yesterday he is not able to
use

his computer.

Thanks,

Linda