Hello Ally, I can only speak for myself. I have a period of waiting untill
the Sinemet kicks in. My dosage is 250mgs every eight hours. I have to rest
every afternoon for about two hours. Then I am alright untill my four pm
tablet time. I think that we all react differently to Sinemet. It may take
longer with your father before it kicks in. Generally he should feel a great
improvement in about ten minutes to a half an hour. Perhaps you will have to
let his body get acclimatised to the drug. If you have serious doubts do
speak to your Neuro again. Most Neuro's are very sympathetic when it comes
to the right dosage. Have a nice day. Bern......Peace