To all of my family & friends:

It is with great excitement and lots of anticipation that I am able to
share with you the details for this year's Parkinosn's event. This year
we will be having a Golf Outing & a Family Funday, both planned for
Saturday, July 7th, 2001. There is truly something for everyone!! Here
is our schedule of event:

8:00 am      Registration for Golf
           Continental Breakfast Served

9:00 am.          Tee Off Time

11:30 am  Gates open at 3 Sisters

NOON       Bocci Ball Tourney

12:30pm      Mr. GORDON SNOW
                      magician
1:45 pm      BRIAN “FOX”  ELLIS
                     storyteller
3:000 pm       MARGE BJORKLUND
                wildlife expert & friends
3:00 PM        GOLFERS ARRIVE

3:30 pm       Program & Awards
                  and DOUG SMITH of
                UNIQUE TWIST(balloons)

4:45 pm     MILLINIUM BIG BAND

6:30 PM     PATRICK HAZELL
         (BLUES HARMONICA LEGEND)
                           and...
8:00 PM  SALLY WEISENBURG &
            THE FAMOUS SIDEMEN

also at the Family Funday, we will have a showing of some of Jane Scott
& Marc Esser'sr emarkable artwork, food vendors, beer, facepainting,
plenty of door prizes and a huge raffle. We are again working with the
Parkisnon Alliance so that means that for 2/3 of the money raised, it
will be matched by the Tuchman Foundation up to $50,000 and will go
straight to research. The other 1/3 of the money is being condsidered to

help fund 3 of our projects: The Claude Scott Memorial Scholarship Fund
at IVC (Chillicothe) High School, to aid Dr. Rick Weber in his very
promising research that is being done right here in Peoria at the
University of Illinois College of Medicine (which requires no stem cells

nor any cloning), and to help fund PLWP of which I am a Board Member.
During the next week or two, some of you will be receiving a packet from

me with detailed info about this event. If you do not recieve this
packet, please contact me and I will be happy to see that you get one.
For those of you from out of town, please know that the Super 8 is now
accecpting reservations at a special rate if you mention my name. The
phone number there is (309) 274-2568. Also know that Stan is working
with Habitat for Humanity to get their commitment to have a house for us

to work on the following week. As soon as I have that info-I will pass
it along to you so you can make your plans accordingly.
If you are planning to come, I would really appreciate knowing ahead of
time, the date & time of your arrival and where you will be staying so
that we can arrange rides to & from the airport and meals. Wow! I sure
hope that you are as excited as me about this event and the week after
as we give back to those who are less fortunate than we are. Come for
just the day or come to stay & work-We're looking forward to seeing you
all, old friends & new; family or extended family!! love, j

--
Joan E. Blessington Snyder     49/11
http://www.geocities.com/joanbsnyder/