Thank you, Rita, for responding and for giving me my chuckle of the day.  I
have visions of you climbing that fireman's ladder!

I, too, have an extremely high mattress.  It's so high  that only one of
the dogs can manage it.  For now I take "one giant leap for mankind" and
hope for the best!

All jokes aside, I'm looking for a double-size adjustable.  Frankly, any
one model I've looked at beats the hospital version!  I just hoped some
"designer" would wise up to the fact that it's just as important for the
middle to be raised as it is for the two ends to be adjusted.
E of the headdress