At 13:49 2001/02/18 +1100, Peter Dawkins Parkinson's Australia wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C099B1.8C2B8F60
>

>------=_NextPart_001_000A_01C099B1.8C2B8F60
>
>I know its not kosher to include attachments but I have a press release =
>that's been approved and amended by Parkinson's Australia's Scientific =
>committee and the computer has no known viruses apart from the driver =
>having Pd.  I just became so incensed by the medias coverage of the =
>Ecstasy story I felt the enclosed piece should be read.=20
>Peter Dawkins

hi peter

i have not opened your attachment, it has been deleted,
and i do not use Microsoft word, so i cannot decipher .doc files anyway

is this article available on the wwweb anywhere?
has the Parkinson's Australia's Scientific committee not published it?
do they not have a web site?
could you give us the URL?

alternatively,
could you save the .doc file,
while you have the document open in MS Word,
to a plain ascii .txt file?
(this would result in a much smaller than 31K size file)

you could then simply include the text into a normal e-mail message,
that is, AFTER you change your e-mail software settings to:
NO MULTIPART MESSAGES and NO MIME

i dys-recommend using Microsoft's Outlook Express for any e-mail
but particularly for listserv e-mail groups

it is not a matter of being 'kosher' or not

sending 31k attachments via e-mail to 1900 list members
is potentially dangerous and irresponsible due to the risk of virus contagion
as well as in re the hard drive and memory resources wasted all over the world
in personal computers, isp's and e-mail servers.

janet(te)
current nerdette-spinnette
former PARKINSN list ownette and elfette

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/