hi all

the message below might be construed by some as a "personal attack",
i.e. one which criticizes the individual rather than the ideas expressed by
same

i believe that this miraculous medium can be the ultimate democratic forum
i.e. everyone gets a turn, everyone has to take a turn,
no one can be shouted down, no one can be silenced,

no one can be judged on anything but their words and ideas,
no race, creed, colour, accent, regligion, sexual orientation, social
position, disability,
clothing preference, hair style, choice of perfume, state of personal
cleanliness,
nothing can be "judged" here except our words and our ideas

all that being said,
even if words are used as a "personal attack",
whether it is intentional or unintentional, cannot truly cause any harm
unless we allow it to, unless we feel somehow that we deserve it

but we don't,
none of us do, and none of us are "vulnerable" to such "attacks"
and none of us need feel "responsible" for them
or "intimidated" by them

the oft quoted rose lane said (paraphrased)
i am not responsible for the way others treat me
i am only responsible for the way i treat others

janet

At 02:12 2001/02/18 -0600, John Mier wrote:
>Subject: Re: The Agony and The Ecstasy / NO MIME please
>> At 13:49 2001/02/18 +1100, Peter Dawkins Parkinson's Australia wrote:
>> >This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
>
>1.whyisnt this handled off-list???
>2.who appointed you as official outlook express email selector/??
>not everyone has windows/ explorer
>if  you are so conversant with email..why not recommend to the list
>monitor techniques for reviewing this stuff prior to distribution..ie
>all mail with mime or  atttachments or etcetcetc..  pleae dont
>require us to   use inferior clients such asoutlook express though
>3..please try to get off your holy high horse... u obviously have a lot
>of energy to contribute to the group..i wish this energy was
>channeled away from editorial  or criticism or sheer redundncy oof
>copying articles that have allready appeared in others
>contributions. perhaps limiting  yourself to opinions about subject
>matter vs ommunication techniques?? or opinons of pd research?
>i know i'd read more of your notes if there were fewer of them and
>they  were on subject // i like your idea of using .txt  instead of
>.doc. but was so turned off by the rest of ur note i  nearly didnt read
>it,,,
>
>John K.Mier ,Jr
>AGE 55 DX 43 ONSET 40

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/