hi all

At 10:23 2001/02/20 -0600, Leo Fuhr wrote:
>Those of us in rural areas do liken our cars
>to independence.  We don't have public transportation
>so the car is how we get around.

i live in the 'boonies' too!

and am now learning that the local community support services
provide escorted transportation at minimal cost into the 'big city'
and elsewhere for doctor's appointments, shopping, etc.

i guess it's all in how we interpret the meanings of
'independence' and 'freedom'

am i 'dependent' when i have to sit in the back of an airplane
while someone else upfront flies the plane and determines the route?
or am i 'free' of the hassles involved and 'free' to exploit
the opportunity for communion with my co-travelers?

janet

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/