Friends-- Peter has found this simple list of PD symptoms useful in updating his doctors or to take to hospital when he is to be admitted---we indicate which ones he has, and the degree to which they affect him. Maybe others will also find it helpful. PalatinoSYMPTOMS OF PARKINSON'S DISEASE Patients do not usually have all these symptoms, and certainly not all at the same time. There is great variation among Parkinsonians and for each individual over time. The first 3 are the primary symptoms looked for during diagnosis. Slow, resting tremor Muscular rigidity, and cogwheeling effect in joints Slowness of movement (Bradykinesia) Poor balance, frequent falling Disturbance in gait "Freezing", feet suddenly immobilized Stooped posture Blank facial expression ("mask of Parkinson's") Difficulty swallowing Reduced volume and clarity of speech Drooling Dyskinesia ( jerky,uncontrollable movements) Seborrheic dermatitis, blepharitis Dry eyes Tracking problems when reading Bladder problems Constipation (chronic and life-threatening) Mood changes, depression Cognitive function and memory loss Hallucinations and paranoia (medication-related) Sleep disturbance, insomnia Exhaustion, lack of energy Restless Leg Syndrome, painful cramping ******* I expect this came--years ago--from a book, but regret I don't now know the source. Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55 Oxford, Ohio <<[log in to unmask]> on the web at http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm and also at http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html "Ask me about the CARE list for Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! " And visit the CARE webring at http://www.crosswinds.net/~caregivers/index.html