hi all

At 10:20 2001/02/16 EST, Jim Finn wrote:
>Hi All -
>Several months ago I was contacted by an official at the National
>Institutes of Health in regard to participating on a special Federal
>government panel. The committee will be concerned with all aspects
>of xenotransplantation. As most of you know, I am a patient who
>has had this highly experimental procedure in an effort to relieve
>the symptoms of Parkinson's Disease.
>Our first meeting (of the Secretary's Advisory Committee on
>Xenotransplantation) will take place next week.  I am flying down
>to Washington where I will be a member of a 20 person board.
>My role?  Patient Advocate.  There will be a reception on Monday
>night followed by 2 days of conferences, meetings, and workshops.
>We will be helping to set government policies and guidelines on
>this controversial research. Future meetings are planned to
>continue this important work. I'll send a report to this group once
>the meeting is over. For those who are interested, please read my
>online diary at this URL:
>http://www.geocities.com/jimcfinn/index.html
>
>Warmly -
>Jim Finn

hey jim

that's great news!
patient advocate?!? whadda concept!?!

please try to behave yourself:
no wallowing, grunting, or swilling, right!?!
is Priscilla (your pet pig) going to accompany you?

Go PIG!!!
(Patientadvocacy Inwashin Gtondc)

janet

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/