Date sent:              Sat, 17 Feb 2001 22:36:39 -0500
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   janet paterson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: The Agony and The Ecstasy / NO MIME please
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> sending 31k attachments via e-mail to 1900 list members
> is potentially dangerous and irresponsible due to the risk of virus
> contagion as well as in re the hard drive and memory resources wasted
> all over the world in personal computers, isp's and e-mail servers.

Janet is correct.  Another reason is that many listmembers cannot read
binary attachments such as sent by Peter and all they get are pages
and pages of code.  Digest recipients get the same.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D.
2500 Milvia Street   Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636  USA
510-849-2555
PLEASE NOTE:  Because of the takeover of IBMNET by
AT&T, my new e-mail address, effective immediately,
is:

The old <ibm.net> address will no longer
function after March 1, 2001.  PLEASE CHANGE
YOUR ADDRESS BOOKS.